I have had a dull ache in the calf muscles for a week or so – and did some reading up about this. Am sharing what I’ve learned through this – its not first hand knowledge, and you should talk to a doc if you have specific issues.
- Learn about Cadence. Yeah its a technical term, but a useful one-read
- Don’t trust your instinct alone – most of us associate “pushing hard” with developing fitness – and there are times where its useful, but mostly counter productive, for bikers
- Read this
- And this : The physiology of cycling,, pains, etc is good to keep in your head
- Stretching not only helps, but is very critical for overall fitness.
- Other pains, injuries. Correct Saddle height, riding technique, are all important as you start doing longer distances.
Happy riding – and see you on the roads 🙂