I have be cycling for a little over a year now. Whats it achieved and what have I gotten out of this ? A list…
- I’m fitter, and a little leaner. Don’t catch a cold as easily, and even feel less cold.
- I’m more “weather friendly”. Don’t mind a little sweat, or rain, or chill.
- My eyes opened up to public transport since I now find the car/motorbike cumbersome in the city!
- Bangalore has shrunk! I’ve been to places I’ve avoided for years.
- I’ve spoken to many more cops, and even other regular folks.
- Our fuel bill has gotten much smaller.
- Sold one of the motorbikes.
- Made tons of new friends.
- Have seen numerous new places, even on roads I’ve zipped past hundreds of times.
- Saw the entire Nilgiris at the most relaxed pace ever.
- Have become a lot more aware about our carbon footprint.
And ever since I lost the speedo – have cycled in a much more relaxed way 🙂Update: Damn I almost forgot one of the most important ones:
- I get to eat all the dessert I want 😀